Saturday, September 1, 2012

Malcolm sit v10

The new gate that is now blocking the entrance  to the boulders 
As I drive around the corner to head towards the Saddle boulders, I was stopped by as large obstacle. I  fresh new gate that blocked the way to the boulders. Sitting in my car at 7am for the perfect conditions to finally send the Malcolm sit to Nietzsche Girls, I was not going to turn around now. I parked the car and walk four miles to the Saddle boulders, complaining the whole time due to the gate never being there for the four years I have been going out there. I walked to the boulders and started to warm up and then headed down the the saddle boulder and boy I was in for a surprise.  

Lucas Larson about to send the Malcolm start
As I set up my camera for some footage, that will later be used for Fresh 2, I started to relax and think positive. I did the stand about a week ago and now all I have to do is do two more moves and then it would be over. I just needed to stay positive. 

Lucas looking to stick the slopper. Photo taken last year
As I pull up onto the rail, I knew there was something new going on with my body, it felt stronger and lighter than ever. As I pull into the crux, I almost lost all of my body tension to keep my feet on the wall (as you will see in the video) I kept my cool even though my wrist felt like it was going to pop. I wanted to let go but when I got my foot matched and hit the pinch I told myself not to let go. I got my foot up and hit the slopper and realized that it was over. Now that four mile walk wasn't completely worthless. Now that I have done that climb it is time to move onto Boys in the Hood v12, which is in secret spot. ;) I shall be leaving for San Diego soon to visit some family, If anyone in the area knows me and if I know you let me know and we can go climbing together while I'm down there. Till then, keep on crushing like you guys should! 

Raw footage of my send






No comments:

Post a Comment